What is Yoga?
A technical definition of yoga is a discipline through which breath control (pranayama), simple meditation (dhyana), and specific body postures (asanas), is practiced for health and relaxation. Yoga also means to yoke. To fuse together the body and the mind so they can cooperate forming a union that yields, strength, courage, wisdom, love and ultimately, self- realization.
Yoga @ Network Chiropractic
Yoga @ Network Chiropractic has created an environment where one can achieve all that and so much more. Offering small group classes or private sessions at affordable rates, making this revolutionary and time-tested practice available to all who inquire is Yoga @ Network Chiropractic’s mission. We believe that anyone can achieve optimal wellness and it is our privilege to provide strategies to help those who seek to achieve that optimal wellness.
With the use of supportive props, a seasoned yoga teacher; trained in restorative, recovery and trauma sensitive yoga; Yoga @ Network Chiropractic provides more than just a workout. Practitioners of all ages and body types will walk away feeling rejuvenated and in possession of skills that will prove to be just as effective for their bodies and lives!
Physical Benefits of Yoga
- Increased flexibility and balance
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
Source: American Osteopathic Association
Mental Health Benefits
- Yoga is a mind-body exercise effective for reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Yoga can help improve brain function and mental health.
- Yoga is designed to strengthen and balance the mind.
Classes are by registration only. Class schedule is available in the office or by emailed request.
Call 732-398-1600 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot